Check System
Send us your comment!

Your comment will be read by our web staff, but will not be published.

Please do not enter any personal information. Your comment is voluntary and will remain anonymous, therefore we do not collect any information which would enable us to respond to any inquiries.

However, provides a How to Contact the IRS page where you will find guidance on where to submit specific questions.

Share this presentation
Copy and paste the following URL to share this presentation
To email a link to this presentation, click the following:
This program writes a small 'cookie' locally on your computer when you set a bookmark.
If you want to utilize this feature, check the following checkbox. Otherwise, bookmarks will be disabled.
This is an IRS
audio presentation.

To view this page, ensure that Adobe Flash Player
version 10 or greater is installed.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hello, I’m Ann Junkins, and I have news for you about filing your one-participant plan return electronically.

Retirement plans that cover only a business owner and his or her spouse are called “one-participant plans.”  One-participant plan sponsors can choose between two ways of filing required annual returns.

One way is to file an electronic Form 5500-SF with the Department of Labor’s EFAST2 system. The other way is to file a paper Form 5500-EZ, mailed to the IRS.

We would like to encourage all one-participant plan filers to choose the electronic filing option. Electronic filing makes the process easier for the filer and increases data accuracy.

To help encourage electronic filing, beginning January 1, 2012, your one-participant plan filings will not be made available to the public through the EFAST2 Filing Search Application. While the information contained in the filing remains publicly disclosable, it will be excluded from online access. We hope that one-participant plan filers will now submit their returns electronically through EFAST2 using the Form 5500-SF.

If you have any questions on one-participant plans, please visit the Form 5500 Corner at